Bruising Prevention Prior To Injectables
Bruising can be a random and unpredictable event, therefore we advise our pt’s to follow some simple steps prior to their next appointment for injectables.
Before your Treatment
1. Avoid supplements with blood thinning effects. (e.g. Fish Oil, Green Tea, Vit E, Ginger) These should be discontinued 7 days prior
2. Avoid Blood Thinning Medication. (e.g. NSAIDS, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Aspirin.)
** Always check with your PCP before stopping prescribed anticoagulants.
** If you need to take something for pain opt for Tylenol
3. Avoid Alcohol 24-48 hours prior to appointment.
4. Optional, start Arnica Montana 2 days prior to appointment. Arnica is a Homeopathic Supplement available at our office. ($20.00) as well as OTC (e.g. Walgreens, CVS).
5. Plan your appointment accordingly, 2 weeks prior to an event.ment accordingly, 2 weeks prior to an event.