The warmer weather is approaching – thankfully – and that also means our skin will be feeling the changes. The winter can leave your skin, especially your face, feeling cracked, rough, and dry. Luckily, we have a solution!
Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance. Microdermabrasion may be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels or laser treatment.
The procedure may offer patients effective results that are visible immediately. In addition to its cosmetic results, microdermabrasion also helps enhance circulation and lymph flow, which may allow skin to be healthy on the inside and outside.
If you are interested in learning more about microdermabrasion, or any other procedures we offer, please feel free to reach out to us on social media or give us a call: 631-364-0333.
Fall is here, which means winter is near. That also means cold winds and a snowy forecast is just around the corner. While you might be shopping around for your new winter coat, keep in mind your face needs attention too! We have a solution – chemical peels! Chemical peels remove damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, reduce scarring, and remove blemishes to produce healthy, glowing skin.
There are three types of chemical peels, ranging from mild to strong. Peels can be combined with other procedures such as facelifts for a more youthful look. They may be covered by insurance if they are performed for medical rather than cosmetic reasons.
AHAs are the gentlest of the three types of chemical peel. They smooth and brighten skin by treating fine wrinkles, dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne. AHAs are typically applied once a week, or may be mixed in a milder concentration with a cream or cleanser to be used daily; treatment takes 10 minutes or less.
TCAs are commonly used for medium-depth peeling (though depth is adjustable) to treat fine surface wrinkles, superficial blemishes and pigment problems, sometimes in combination with AHAs. TCAs are the preferred chemical solution for darker-skinned patients and may be used on the neck and other areas of the body. Multiple treatments may be required, but treatments only last 10-15 minutes and recovery time is short.
Phenol, the strongest chemical peel, treats deeper skin problems such as coarse facial wrinkles, pre-cancerous growths, and areas of blotchy or damaged skin caused by sun exposure, aging or birth-control pills. Phenol is used only on the face. Full-facial treatment can last an hour or two and recovery can take a few months, with possible skin lightening and removal of freckles.
If you are interested in learning more about the types of chemical peels we offer, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400
Your skin changes with the seasons, and so should your skincare! Summer might be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the sun stops affecting your skin. Now is the perfect time to start getting your skin ready for the fall, and even preparing for the harsh winters ahead! Here are three recommended tips to restoring your youthful glow and reversing some of the wear and tear your skin took during the summer.
Exfoliate. Time to get rid of that dry cracked sun-damaged skin! Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance. Microdermabrasion may be combined with other procedures such as chemical peels or laser treatment.
Rehydrate. Our skin gets thirsty too! Make sure to drink plenty of water, and use moisturizers daily. If you are looking for an extra facial boost, try our Zo Hydration Facial Treatment. This treatment hydrates and rejuvenates moisture-depleted skin. Replenish your skin with this hydration facial treatment while decreasing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This treatment uses, aloe, cucumber and chamomile, to calm and soothe the skin, along with DNA repairing enzymes, resulting in a beautiful refreshed look to your skin.
Protect. The sun might be setting earlier, but it can still be damaging! Make sure to use facial and body moisturizers and makeup that have sunscreen already in them. This will help protect against damaging sun rays that cause wrinkles and sunspots. If not, use sunscreen daily – protection is key to healthy glowing skin!
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400
Have you ever looked at your cellphone screen after a phone call and noticed there was oil from your face on the screen? Does your face always look shiny when looking at pictures of yourself? Everyone has natural oils within their skin, but some secret more oil than others.
Oily skin is caused by excess skin oil produced within the pores, and the amount of oil fluctuates with hormone fluctuation. For example, an adolescent going through puberty is experiencing a high hormone fluctuation and thus will be more likely to excrete more oil from their pores. It all comes down to one’s genetic makeup and how his or her body reacts to life events.
Here are some tips and tricks to treating oily skin:
- Cleanse: Use a gentle face cleanser twice a day
- Moisturize: Moisturize your skin every day
- Oil-free products: Use oil-free face products especially when it comes to makeup
- ZO Acne Facial Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, is used to minimize excess oil production and tighten pores. This process while is a deep pore cleansing treatment it also encourages healing and reduces inflammation using eucalyptus and kaolin which which will help to calm and soothe.
- Oxygen Treatment: This treatment, offered by our spa, uses pressurized cool oxygen increases absorption of serum to improve skins moisture as well as vitamins.
If you are interested in learning more about our facial treatments, how to combat oily skin, or any other service we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
The constant heat and humidity of the summer can leave your skin dehydrated, cracked, and stressed. Luckily, the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can prevent or even reverse these effects. Your body needs the right nutrients to fight off damage, and your skin is no different. Here are some tips and tricks to rejuvenating your skin!
- NUTRITION: Drink plenty of water every day – the recommended amount is eight glasses a day. Eat foods rich with antioxidants like blueberries, cranberries, and pecans. Eat a diet filled with colorful vegetables like peppers, spinach, and beets. A diet rich in vitamin C leads to fewer wrinkles. Researchers have found that skin exposed to vitamin C for long periods of time can produce up to eight times more collagen!
- EVERYDAY TIPS: Limit your sun exposure. While small amounts of daily sun can be beneficial, too much sun can damage your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and polarized sunglasses. Opt for natural skin products that don’t contain harsh chemicals. Engage in activities that relieve stress as high levels of stress will compromise your skin. Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep.
- MICRODERMABRASION: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance.
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.