Your Top 5 Belotero® Questions Answered!
Our practice is now proud to offer one of the most popular new fillers on the market: Belotero®. Quickly becoming a go-to treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, this hyaluronic acid filler offers remarkably natural results – safely, easily and effectively. And, because we know that the best patients are those who know all their options, we thought we would take a moment to introduce this cutting-edge treatment. Want to find out what other patients are asking?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Questions About Belotero:
- What exactly is Belotero? Belotero is one of the most advanced dermal fillers available today. Working to “fill in” wrinkles and restore a more youthful face shape, Belotero integrates with the tissues of your skin, providing volume and enhancing your natural facial contours. Belotero is composed primarily of hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body.
- Is Belotero the same thing as BOTOX®? While BOTOX and Belotero are both powerful wrinkles treatments, how they work varies slightly. Where Belotero is best suited for deep, persistent lines around the nose and mouth, BOTOX is more appropriate for “expression lines” like horizontal lines across the forehead. A highly purified protein, you can think of BOTOX as essentially a muscle relaxer.
- Is Belotero FDA approved? Yes. For over a year, Belotero has been FDA approved “…to smooth moderate to severe wrinkles and folds,” explains the manufacturer. And, in the words of the FDA, “Belotero Balance will help smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. In a clinical study, most (103 out of 118) patients needed two injections to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing. The smoothing effect lasts up to six months and then slowly goes away.”
- What are some advantages of Belotero? Belotero is a simple treatment with big results! Completely minimally-invasive, patients can expect natural-looking results with little to no downtime. And, while the results aren’t permanent, they can often last up to several months!
- Is Belotero right for me? The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for Belotero is to contact our offices and schedule a consultation. This is a great time to explore your treatment options and have any remaining questions answered.
Belotero on Long Island
To learn more about Belotero or any of the cosmetic treatments we offer, contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in East Setauket, and you can reach us directly at 631-751-4400. We look forward to meeting you!