Top 5 Patient Questions About “Gummy Bear” Breast Implants
One of the most important goals of our practice is staying on the cutting-edge of cosmetic medicine. In keeping with that, we are now proud to offer one of the most exciting new advances in the world of breast augmentation surgery: gummy bear breast implants. Also known as “cohesive silicone gel,” gummy bear implants have been used widely in Europe for over a decade. Now available in the United States, our practice was the first in the area to offer this safe, new alternative to silicone or saline-filled implants. And, because we want our patients to understand all their plastic surgery options, we wanted to take a moment to introduce you to this exciting new product and answer some of your most pressing questions. Are you ready to find out what gummy bear implants are really all about?
Here is our list of today's Top 5 Patient Questions About “Gummy Bear” Breast Implants:
- What can breast augmentation do for me? For those struggling with a small or disproportionate bustline, breast augmentation surgery can be an ideal solution. Working to increase breast size, fullness and proportion, the procedure historically relied on silicone or saline-filled implants. Now our practice is excited to offer cohesive silicone gel or “gummy bear” breast implants, manufactured by Sientra®.
- Where does the term “gummy bear” come from? While the name might sound a bit funny, gummy bear implants are named for their consistency and resiliency. Like gummy bears, they have the ability to maintain a consistent shape, even when cut.
- What are a few advantages of gummy bear implants? Compared to traditional silicone or saline-filled breast implants, gummy bear implants are more likely to maintain their shape over time. What’s more, since the implants are predominantly solid, leakage becomes less of a concern down the line.
- Are gummy bear implants FDA approved? Our practice is now proud to offer Sientra® breast implants, what many consider to be the “gold standard” in gummy bear type breast implants. And, according to a March press release from the manufacturer, the company “has received FDA approval of its portfolio of Silimed-brand silicone breast implants.”
- Is breast augmentation right for me? The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for breast augmentation is to schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. As Suffolk County’s largest all-board certified plastic surgery practice, we encourage those on or around Long Island to contact us today.
Gummy Bear Breast Implants in Suffolk County
Achieve your cosmetic potential — contact us today and schedule a breast augmentation consultation. Our offices are located in East Setauket, and you can reach us directly at 631-751-4400. We look forward to meeting you soon.