ASPS Announces Top 5 Minimally-Invasive Procedures
Each year, the American Society of Plastic Surgery releases a report detailing emerging trends in the world of cosmetic medicine. This year’s data, unsurprisingly, showed a significant jump in the number of minimally-invasive procedures performed nationwide. Topping the list was BOTOX®, with over 6 million procedures being performed in 2012 alone! Of course, BOTOX isn’t the only treatment that saw significant growth. Read on to find out which minimally-invasive procedures made the cut.
ASPS Data: Top 5 Minimally-Invasive Procedures in the US
- BOTOX: Botulinum toxin type A – a category that includes treatments like BOTOX® and Dysport® – was far and away the most popular cosmetic procedure of the year. Sporting an 8% increase in one year alone, these treatments work to gently ease away fine lines and wrinkles. Essentially a muscle relaxer, BOTOX is particularly well suited for “dynamic lines,” such as frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Soft tissue fillers. Coming in at number two are soft tissue fillers – treatments such as Restylane® and Juvéderm®. Working to fill in deep-set lines and wrinkles, fillers can also be used to plump the lips and sculpt the cheeks. As one of today’s fastest-growing treatments, filler use increased by a full 5% last year.
- Chemical peels. With over 1.1 million chemical peels performed in 2012, it’s clear that this skin-smoothing treatment is still quite popular. Using a chemical solution to remove the skin’s damaged outer layers, these treatments work to improve the appearance of scars, blemishes, or any irregularities with your skin.
- Laser hair removal. For those tired of shaving, waxing or tweezing, laser hair removal is often an ideal solution. Quick and precise, the ASPS reports that laser hair removal rose 4% in 2012.
- Microdermabrasion. Working to restore a fresh, more youthful appearance, microdermabrasion uses a stream of fine particles to exfoliate the skin. As one of today’s most popular “MedSpa” treatments, the ASPS is reporting nearly 1 million procedures performed in 2012.
BOTOX and Fillers in Suffolk County
To learn more about these or any of the cosmetic treatments we offer, we encourage you to contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in East Setauket, and you can reach us directly at 631-751-4400. We look forward to serving you.