Are You the Right Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
The tummy tuck procedure helps to firm your abdominal wall by removing extra skin and fat before tightening the abdominal muscles. Below are a few tips to help you determine whether you are the ideal candidate for a tummy tuck.
- The most important factor in considering whether or not you are the right candidate for tummy tuck surgery is seeing if you have enough excess skin for the surgery to be successful. Additionally, if you suffer from abdominal muscle weakness, this surgery could be right for you.
- If you have gone through bariatric surgery in order to lower your weight, you might also be a candidate for the tummy tuck procedure, as most bariatric surgery patients have a large amount of excess skin left over.
- Women who have been pregnant often consider this surgery as they work towards getting their pre-pregnancy body back. The tummy tuck surgery is most ideal for women who are finished having children, so as not to reverse the work that the procedure aims to do.
- Candidates must be in general good health and able to tolerate anesthesia. Your heart, lungs and kidneys specifically must be relatively healthy for this surgery to be a success and to avoid complications.
- If you are on a weight loss journey, it is most ideal to go into the surgery within 15-20 pounds of your goal weight. Very few candidates end up losing a significant amount of weight post-surgery, so being within your goal weight is key to not negating the procedure.
These key factors will inform you as to whether or not you are the ideal candidate for the tummy tuck procedure. At Suffolk Plastic Surgeons were are committed to the overall health and safety of our patients and invite you to contact us to talk in more detail about the possibilities of the tummy tuck procedure.
Tags: cosmetic surgeons, cosmetic surgery, new york plastic surgery, Plastic Surgeon, plastic surgery, Suffolk County plastic surgery, Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, tummy tuck, weight loss, weight loss surgery