Why This is the Best Time for a Mommy Makeover
Becoming a parent is one of the most rewarding experiences a woman can have. There’s good reason to feel excited and proud of the changes motherhood brings to your body. However, over time, some of those changes can begin to seem more like a burden. Enter the Mommy Makeover! It can be a powerful confidence-booster that gives you just the lift you need this holiday season.
What Exactly is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery solutions designed to reverse or alleviate the effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. You and your doctor will consult to decide on exactly which treatments you’d like to have, but most plans include a combination of CoolSculpting® or liposuction, breast lift, and tummy tuck. Of course, you can always choose to skip or add elements to personalize your own Mommy Makeover.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Fix?
It’s important to be realistic in your goals for a Mommy Makeover. No matter how good your plastic surgeon, you aren’t going to come out looking exactly the way you did before you had children – and no one can truly turn back time. However, the techniques used can make you look and feel more like you used to about your body – and in some cases, even better.
Why is Winter the Best Time for a Mommy Makeover?
There are a number of reasons why winter is considered by many to be the best time to schedule a Mommy Makeover:
- 1. Downtime. The shorter, darker, colder days of winter may actually make it easier to handle the need to stay at home and be less active after your procedures.
- 2. Cool Weather. Staying cool is actually important to the healing process. In winter, you don’t have to worry about becoming overheated from the necessary bandages and compresses.
- 3. Wardrobe. A winter wardrobe makes it easier to hide your healing and the fact that you had any procedures done until you’re fully recovered – and ready to show your new body off.
- 4. Less Risk from Sun. Any time you undergo a plastic surgery procedure, keeping the healing skin protected from sun exposure is essential. In the winter, it’s much easier to avoid exposing your surgery sites to ultraviolet rays.
- 5. School. With the kids in school, it’s easier to take the time you need for yourself as you recover physically and rebuild your new and enhanced self-esteem.
- 6. Time Off. The holidays usually offer a built-in set of days off – and it’s often easier to explain away the extra time off from work that you may need.
- 7. No Missing Out. Plan your makeover in winter, and you’ll be ready to go in spring – with no need to bow out of fun outdoor activities. And just wait for swimsuit season!
Tags: Add new tag, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, board certified plastic surgeons, Breast Augmentation, breast augmentation long island, CoolSculpting, Dr. Coccaro, Hilton Adler MD, Kenneth Kneessy MD, Plastic Surgeon, Spa Belle Meade, Suffolk County plastic surgery, Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, Ultherapy