Today's Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures
Plastic surgery is on the rise! With more than 1.5 million cosmetic surgical procedures performed in the year 2011, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is reporting a full 2% growth in plastic surgery procedures in just one year alone! And, that figure doesn't include the millions of additional minimally-invasive procedures performed in the same year -- treatments like BOTOX®, soft tissue fillers, microdermabrasion and others. So, which procedures came out on top?
Here are Today's Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures, based on recent data from the ASPS:
- Breast Augmentation: For countless numbers of women struggling with small or disproportionate breasts, breast augmentation surgery is often the answer. Using silicone or saline implants, the procedure works to increase breast fullness and symmetry. As the number-one plastic surgery procedure in the US, the ASPS reports that there were over 300,000 breast augmentation procedures performed in 2011, alone.
- Nose Reshaping: Also known as "rhinoplasty," nose reshaping is one of the most effective and time-tested procedures around. Working to improve facial balance and harmony, nose reshaping aims to correct a nose that appears too large, has a bump, seems too wide or appears crooked. Remaining one of today's top procedures, the ASPS reports that there were over 240,000 rhinoplasty procedures performed in 2011.
- Liposuction: If diet and exercise are still leaving you with stubborn, exercise-resistant fat, it may be time to explore liposuction. Working to fight off unwanted inches, liposuction removes stubborn fat and aims to re-sculpt the body. As one of the most versatile procedures around, common liposuction sites include the thighs, back, midsection, love handles and more.
- Eyelid Surgery: One of the most common complaints among older patients is sagging, drooping eyelids. Thankfully, eyelid surgery is often the answer. Also known as an "eyelid lift," the procedure removes fat and excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids to promote a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- Facelift: Working to combat facial sagging and shave years off a patient's appearance, facelift surgery remains one of today's top plastic surgery procedures. By tightening underlying muscles and redraping skin around the neck and face, patients can enjoy a dramatically more youthful look for years and years to come.
Plastic Surgeons in Suffolk County
Ready to find out what plastic surgery can do for you? Take the first step -- contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in East Setauket, and you can reach us directly at 631-751-4400. We look forward to hearing from you!