5 things to consider when trying to get your summer body ready!
Warmer weather is not far away and that has us thinking about ways to get that perfect summer body. Do you want to feel confident in your new bikini on your summer vacation? Are you always stressing and feeling self-conscious when you have to pick an outfit for those backyard barbecues? Are you struggling with stubborn problem areas and need a self-esteem boost? Well we have five tips to help you get your body summer ready!
- Sleep. Sleep is one of the most important parts of your everyday routine to regulate when trying to get your summer body ready. When we are sleep-deprived, we tend to mindlessly overeat ultimately sabotaging our waistline. Tiredness leads to poor decisions like skipping the gym, grabbing a large latte instead of a small, and getting takeout for dinner because it is quick and easy. A well-rested body is less stressed, fueled, motivated, and willing to make better choices. Just like your cell phone needs to be charged every night, so does your body!
- Nutrition. It is no secret that eating the right types of foods can help you get that summer body you have always been dreaming of. But which foods should you eat more of and which should you stay away from? Go green: leafy greens like spinach, kale, and even peppermint can help add nutrition and volume to your meals without the calories. Choose proteins like eggs and salmon rich in healthy acids and fats. Snack on berries like blackberries and blueberries packed with antioxidants and fiber. Foods to avoid: pretzels (high in sodium), pre-made smoothies (high in sugar), fruit juices (high in sugar), and white flour pasta (the body recognizes white flour as sugar).
- Exercise. You might not be surprised that moving around will help you lose and maintain a healthy weight. But just how much should we be working out? As a general goal, aim for at least 30 minutes of some kind of physical activity a day. This does not have to be high intense activities, but rather can be as simple as going for a walk on your work break. And don’t be afraid to switch it up every now and then! Workout variety is a good thing.
- Mini tummy tuck. Sometimes working out, eating right, and getting enough sleep just aren’t enough for stubborn fat and loose skin. Luckily, there are procedures like a partial abdominoplasty, or "mini tummy tuck" to help remove that excess fat and skin and help tighten muscles. This is similar to the regular tummy tuck procedure, except it involves a shorter incision and the skin is only lifted to the navel, which does not have to be moved. This procedure is ideal for patients who need just a little improvement in order to reach their desired results.
- Body lift. Unfortunately most of the time diet and exercise just cannot battle factors like aging, sun damage, cellulite, genetics, extreme weight loss, and pregnancy. Poor tissue elasticity can result in sagging of the areas like the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. A body lift can help combat this poor tissue elasticity issue. It is more extensive than just a tummy tuck. A body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs.
No one likes struggling with those stubborn problem areas or feeling run down and stressed. Making smarter decisions is your first step to gaining confidence and getting your body summer ready. So get the right amount of sleep, choose healthy foods as often as possible, and get out and move. And for that extra stubborn fat or loose skin, give us a call and talk with our doctors about options like mini tummy tucks and body lifts. It’s time to build a better happier you.